Discover how to add or modify an event in a calendar and all the features related to the creation of events (view, privacy options, etc).
How to add an event in a Wimi Calendar ?
Go to the Agenda of the workspace in which you want to add an event.
- Click on Add an event.
- Enter the name and the place of the event.
- Click on the camera to generate an AirTime videoconference link.
- Add a description.
- Check the box "All-day long event" if the event lasts all day.
- Set start and finish dates for the event.
- Click on Add to confirm the creation of the event.
NB : you can also create an event by clicking on the day and the time slot of your choice in the calendar.
How to modify an event in a Wimi Calendar ?
Click on the event and modify the desired information in the control panel.
NB : you can move, extend or reduce the duration of an event with your mouse.
How to invite participants to an event ?
Click on the event that you want to edit and go to the section Participants.
- Click on + (user icon) to invite a participant to an event.
- Click on the user(s) you want to invite
- Click on Add to validate.
NB : the invited users are displayed in the control panel and they will be notified by email.
How to know if a user accepts or refuses to participate to an event ?
When you add a user to an event, he receives a notification by email in which he can :
- Accept : a green pictogram will appear in front of his name in the control panel of the event.
- Refuse : a red pictogram will appear.
In both cases, a notification will be sent to the person in charge of the event - visible in Notifications or Activities - to inform him about the answer of the invited user.
How to create a reminder on an event ?
Create reminders for your important events.
- Click on the event and go to the section Reminders.
- Click on + (at the end of the line).
- Input the time period of your reminder.
- Click on Add to confirm.
NB : when you create a reminder, a bell appears on the event.
How to generate an AirTime videoconference on this event ?
Go to the agenda of the workspace.
- Create a new event or click on an existing event.
- Click on the "Camera" icon to generate an AirTime link.
- Add a description if necessary.
- Click on Add to save your event.
Who can add or modify an event in a Wimi Calendar ?
Only the users who were given Read / Edit access rights on the Calendar of the workspace are able to add or modify an event.
What event-related information is made available ?
The URL link of the event
This URL link is the unique identifier of the event. You can send it to your collaborators : they get instantly to the Calendar in question.
The information tab
- Name, location (or link to an AirTime conference) and description.
- Name of the creator.
- Start and end date.
- Privacy of the event (Public / Private).
- Invited participants.
Pictograms appear on the event to illustrate its details:
- A bell signals a reminder (see Information tab).
- Two rotating arrows indicate a recurrence (see Information tab).
- A clip stands for attached documents (see Files tab).
- A speech bubble represent commentaries (see Commentary tab).
- The initials of the users invited to the event are displayed (see Information tab).
Files / Folders tab
The participants can enrich the event by adding all kinds of documents.
The participants can comment on the event.
Can a user see the events of other users within a same workspace ?
Yes and no, both cases are possible.
It makes sense for collaborators to share a Calendar and its events when they are working on the same project. However, users can also choose not to display some of their appointments or meetings.
Case 1 : conditions for a user to be able to see the events of other participants in the shared Calendar of a workspace.
In order for a user to see the events of other participants :
- the privacy status of the event must be "Public" (panel of details).
- the user who created the event shall not add himself as a Participant to the event.
Case 2 : Conditions for a user not to see the events of other participants in a shared Calendar.
- Create an event, set its privacy status on "Public" and then add yourself as a participant.
- Create an event, set its privacy status as "Private" and don't invite any user.
NB : Dans ce cas, même un administrateur ne pourra pas voir l'événement.
- A Public event is visible by all the users who have access to the Calendar.
- A Private event is visible only by the creator and the users invited to participate to the event.