Discover how to create a community and the different settings possible.
Table of contents
How to create a community?
- Select “+ Create a community” (beneath the “Archived” section)
- Enter the name of your community.
- Choose the type of community: company-wide, public or private.
- Define the publication rights: only admins, admins and moderators or everyone.
- Select Add.
Once you’ve created your community, you can:
- Click on the “photo” icons to add a profile picture and a cover photo.
- Click on “Add a description” to describe the interest of your community.
- Click on “Add members” to invite new members.
All that’s left to do now is to create your first publication.
How do I change the community type and publication rights?
Go to the community in which you are administrator.
- Click on the three dots (bottom right of the cover photo).
- Click “Edit”.
- Adjust the type and publication rights to suit your needs.
What are the different types of Communities?
The different types of communities are:
- Company-wide: all users of your Wimi account (except guests), are added automatically at the time of creation.
- Public: any user can join and leave this type of community.
- Private: only users added manually will be in this community. This community won’t be listed in the “Explore”